The Tamara Sutras
Sutra, the Sanskrit word for thread, refers to the aphorisms yogis study and use as guiding life principles. The most noted book of sutras is the ancient Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Here mine! These are just a few things I've come to believe through the practice of yoga:
- Your body is intelligent; your mind is beautiful. And both will speak to you and guide you if listen to them.
- There is almost no mind, mood, or body imbalance that yoga can’t influence.
- Yoga is a nourishment that is best simmered slowly. Enjoy watching yourself—your body, your breathing, your mind—evolve over time.
- Self-acceptance comes before change. You will marvel at what your body will say and do if you love it and accept it.
- Ten minutes of yoga is worth more than ten extra minutes of sleep.